Scope and Competencies of the Art and Science of Nurse Coaching
(10 Contact Hours)
Offered on-line. Enroll at any time. Self-paced learning.
To enroll, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Lisa Davis
Dr. Heidi Taylor
10 Contact hours
This course provides the essential Nurse Coach specific theory and competencies that prepare nurses for the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation’s Nurse Coach Board Certification exam. It covers the content of the American Nurses Association’s groundbreaking book, The Art and Science of Nurse Coaching: The Provider’s Guide to Coaching Scope and Competencies, which includes all the content of the Nurse Coach exam. Other reading will be included, but the ANA’s book is the foundational content.
The class is self-paced, and you can return to it and review it any time. For those of you wanting supervision which can be applied toward your application to take the NC-BC exam, there will be two 90 minute group phone supervision sessions available. Dr. Taylor and Dr. Davis will set up times for the meetings and notify you when they will be offered.
Which nurses will take this course?
- Nurses who want to apply these 10 credits toward the required 60 hours of study needed to apply to take the American Holistic Nursing Credentialing Corporation’s Nurse Coach Board Certification exam.
- Nurses with no coaching background who want to have a general introduction to nurse coaching and some basic coaching skills to enhance their nursing practice.
- Nurses needing 10 continuing education hours to be applied toward their RN license renewals and recertifications.
- Nurses working toward Board Certification in Holistic Nursing.
I often have difficulty preparing for certification exams when just using textbooks & other written source material It often seems “dry” and didactic. This online course enriched the material helping me retain the information because it is fleshed out with exploration and examples of concepts. I found the various open ended questions for different parts of the nurse coach process helpful and affirming. I would recommend this course to others who want a more enlivened approach to learning. Very helpful prep for the NC-BC exam. S. P. Certified oncology RN, Transpersonal Nurse Coach, spiritual director
To register, contact: email@example.com
Clinical Meditation and Imagery™ (CMI) Certificate Program
50 contact hours*
*This continuing nursing education was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.Offered in two 3-day modules (on-site) and one webinar
This course leads to a certificate in Clinical Meditation and Imagery (CMI).
Next Program dates: 9/12, 10/10, 11/14,12/5/2020 and 1/9, 2/6/2021. Huntington, Long Island NY
This study directly links to nurse coaching sessions with clients, creating a new way to practice that has deep meaning and is profoundly effective. K.A. PhD – NC-BC, nursing professor
Learn and practice the clinical applications of imagery, meditation and energy practices.
- Clinical study of mind/body/spirit imagery practices
- Assessing patient’s needs and selecting best practices
- Extensive practice in applying these imagery skills
- Theory and practice of meditation in mental health and healthcare
- Extensive clinical practice of meditation skills
- Clinical supervision
Which nurses should take this course?
- Nurses who are drawn both personally and professionally to mind/body/spirit approaches
- Nurses who have studied a variety of mind/body/spirit techniques and are seeking a deepening and integration of what they have learned.
- Nurses who will use these 50 hours toward applying to take the Nurse Coach board certifying exam
- Nurses wanting clinical experience and supervision in practicing these mind/body/spirit skills
- Nurses needing these 50 continuing education hours to be applied toward their RN license renewals and recertifications.
- Nurses preparing be certified as Holistic Nurses
This training was invaluable as I prepare to start my private practice – a great blend of didactic presentations, experiential learning, broad opportunity for questions, interaction with other participants, and imagery contemplation. R.E. RN
Bonney brings a wealth of information and experience into her practice and her teachings. She is wonderfully supportive, caring and understanding. A.R. Holistic CNS, care coordinator
Transpersonal Development: Vulnerability and the Spiritual Search
22.5 Contact Hours*
*This continuing nursing education was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Offered in one 3-day training at a beautiful Long Island retreat center.
Next program: April 1-3, 2020.
The spiritual search starts in earnest when vulnerability, struggle, suffering, illness, disappointment, or a greater awakening to reality comes into our lives. For over 40 years, we have responded to our patients’ search by helping them to cultivate deeper latent inner resources which give them new self-care tools and new insights to meet their vulnerability and grow from it. We call this work transpersonal (simply meaning “beyond the personality”) development. Based on the pioneering work of the Florentine neurologist and psychiatrist, Roberto Assagioli, MD, this training provides you with both the theoretical framework and step-by-step methods to awaken these potentials and to cultivate a new role for yourself as a transpersonal teacher for others.
- The meaning of transpersonal – human resources beyond the personality
- The Western transpersonal tradition – William James, Carl Jung, Roberto Assagioli
- The integration of energetic, meditative and imagery practices
- The four transpersonal resources of serenity, wisdom, purpose and oneness
- Safe, effective, time-tested methods
- How our transpersonal nature, once awakened, can help our vulnerability
- Transpersonal development and wellness
- Examples of transpersonal work in young adult anxiety and addictions recovery
- Clinical settings for transpersonal work
- Words cannot express the depth of how this experience has brought me to where I want to be –helping patients to access “something else” in their lives.
- Simply put, this study was my ‘aha’ moment …
- What I learned and experienced in these workshops I feel is at the foundation of other energetic modalities. A human being’s essence, their true self, their deepest hope is sought through awareness practices and imagery. Transpersonal coaching or connecting with another beyond the personality is the essence of holistic care.
- Bonney and Richard are gifted teachers, storytellers and scholars. They include the fields of neuroscience, psychology, spirituality, and the arts. The workshop is personal and respectful. You’ll spend your time either sitting in a circle with the whole group or in smaller groups of 2-3.
For additional information on this course including registration and payment go to: firstname.lastname@example.org